Friday, February 6, 2009

RECALLING THE PAST

If granted the opportunity to have any super power would one be selfish and only use it to benifit one self or would they have the benevolence to help others out? Imagine having the ablility in being able to go back in time and change the past. If I possessed the capability of being able to recall the past and change the events that happened it would not only benefit myself, but the world too. There are many historical events that occured and society wished they hadn't and with the possession of erasing the past and changing history the world would more suffice. If Hitler had not risen to power during the 1930's the outcome of WWII would have been totally different than that of today. The Holocaust would not have occured and millions of innocent men and women would not have been killed. Not only for benefiting the world, I would use my powers to benefit myself. There are many regrets I have in life along with many of us in this world and it would be very convenient in being able to adjust the past. Although having this super power would be very advantageous for not only for myself but the world around me it would be able to fix the horrors of our past and repaint a picture of our world in a different view.

3 comments:

  1. Chanel, very good insight into how you would use your power. I would have described the use of my powers more in depth though. Ex) Someone who has fire controlling powers would probably describe the fire as they manipulate it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very wise and worldly of you, I like it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like the idea about changing history and the historic events, good idea.

    ReplyDelete